We’ve all experienced times in our lives where we feel tired of the daily grind and walk around feeling a bit lost. There are activities we used to love to do or ideas we’ve had in our heads, but just can’t seem to get going again. It’s time to get off your butt’s and do something about it to shake up your life and get motivated again. Here are a few ways that should help.
- One Goal. Often when we have too much going on in our lives, we get stuck. You’re trying to do too much. This can suck all of the energy you have. It’s hard to accomplish your goals if you have too many of them. That means even 2 goals at once can get you stuck. You have to choose one goal, for now, and focus on it completely. It’s really hard to only focus on one goal, but if all of your efforts go to just one goal, you will accomplish it.
- Find Inspiration. What normally inspires you? Is it someone in your life, someone you’ve read about? Try using Google to find success stories for your specific goal. That can be inspiring when you’ve read other people’s stories about how they’ve succeeded.
- Get Excited. This sounds pretty obvious, but when you’re not feeling motivated it’s hard to get excited. Talk to your friends and family about your goal, get them excited for you and it will rub off on you. Tell yourself over and over again how excited you are and soon you will really feel it.
- Write Down Your Goal. Write down on paper what your goal is and when you want to accomplish it. You’d be surprised how well that works. There are a lot of people who will post their goal on Facebook. People on Facebook will get excited for you and encourage you along the way if you only ask. If you are struggling with your goal, let your Facebook friends know or a good friend or family member, they will help you through this phase. It will only be a phase and not a permanent set back if you ask for motivational help. Plus when you talk about it openly you feel like you need to follow through now.
- Remind Yourself Daily. When you think about something every day it becomes a part of your life. Those printed notes placed where you can see them will also remind you every day of what you wanted to get done
Realize that motivation comes and goes. Motivation isn’t with any of us every day. We all have days where we just don’t want work on our goal. This feeling comes and goes. You can take a day off, but then the next day you get back at it. If the slump is lasting longer, tell your friends or family about your goal and get them to be excited for you all over again. Let them help motivate you.
- Stick With It. Think of your goal as a journey. Most things don’t happen overnight. Think about how great you are going to feel once you’ve finished. You are amazing, you got this!!
- Start With Small Chunks. Too often we think of the entire goal and we get overwhelmed. Take each day as they come and start your goals in little chunks. After all ‘Rome wasn’t built in a day’ as they say.
- Remind Yourself of the Benefits. Every day think about the why you’re doing this. If you focus on the hard parts of your goal all of the time, you will not see the rewards waiting at the end. Take those positive thoughts and keep those top of mind so there isn’t any room for the negative thoughts.
Get out there and get those goals started. Time waits for no one. Share how you stay motivated and get your goals accomplished, we’d love to hear from you.